Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Let's go shopping!



Do you want to take me shopping with you? This activity seems to be an ever increasing trend with Murals & Design. One reason that I am attributing it to is the fact that people live very full lives and just do not have the time to shop and many times return items that did not work. The main reason is most people just have no clue. Now don't get your feathers ruffled, I am not being ugly, but let's face it we all have our different talents and abilities. It's what makes life a "penny candy store" for those of you old enough to remember what that is! I can reassure you that I am the first to seek out guidance before purchasing those "out of my scope" items.

Before our shopping trip, Murals & Design will visit your home and make a list just like an efficient chef would do before going to the grocery. We will take photographs, gather samples of your existing soft goods like pillows and drapery tie backs. We will take paint samples, make accurate measurements and even remove a cabinet door to take along. It is important to have all the elements available and on hand to make sure that we can obtain that cohesive, designer look everybody is wanting. To accomplish this lofty order in most cases on the first trip, and in a timely manner, saves you money and loads of grief in the long run. Our rates are very reasonable and typically the savings more than pay for our services. Plus you get to buy me lunch!

The post today shows a snippet of a recent shopping trip for a sitting area in a master bedroom. In a future post I will give you some tips on shopping for granite for your kitchen.

So if you think you can do the shopping on your own, just keep one thing in mind; once the scissors make the first cut in the bolt of decorator fabric, or the fabricator installs the granite, you ARE committed. Some things just can't be returned, even if you have the receipt. haha! Usually these are your big ticket items. Ouch!

So, do you want to take me shopping?


That's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy 972-814-5856

1 comment:

  1. This is Lara! I just have one thing to say, this is beautiful!!! Is that the stencil that you were telling me about? It kind of looks like velvet fabric on the wall. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.