Sunday, May 17, 2009

You can call me Jane Jetson!



Well friends I am finally back. I am caught up on the lost sleep and my 50 year old body has realized that I would only commit it to one week of college life at a time and has turned from it's rebellious spirit.

Early morning to early morning was the schedule for my week at Texas School for Professional Photographers. Thank goodness eight hours of each day was sitting in front of a computer learning my way around Photoshop. Thank you Thomas Wylie of Pine Acres Photography for being my desk mate. I could not have done it without you! Like I said in an earlier post, this was a big stretch for me. I am an artist who paints on the wall and not on a computer screen. I am an old fashioned gal at heart and have fought the technology of the computer as if it were a space alien when it comes to my art. Besides, I am married to George Jetson who always seems to be on the galactic edge of the computer frontier. My teacher made a few blond jokes, so that may have something to do with it too???

So, to sum up the Texas School experience, I have to say that it was incredible! I rubbed shoulders with some of the greatest icons in the photographic craft, made some new friends, was inspired beyond belief and gained a confidence with "art" on the computer to fly my own space ship! I am already deciding what course to take next year. And by the way, I had tons of fun.

The post today is a canvas gallery wrap composite (14"X30") of three generations. This is an example of what can be done using Photoshop. We photographed each person individually to capture their unique personality, which is not always possible when shooting as a large group. The polished images were then merged together. (a lot more involved, but that's it in a nutshell) We were thrilled with the outcome and knew we hit the ball out of the park when the client saw the canvas and said,"priceless!"

What would a precious family heirloom like this be worth to you?

That's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy 972-814-5856

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.