Monday, March 30, 2009

Just call me "G!"


Today was a fun day. Rachel, my daughter and I have been making a habit of spending Monday's (her day off) together. Usually the day includes shopping, lunch and some form of "pampering." Today included the usual shopping trip, but in an unusual place. We spent the afternoon searching for the perfect frocks to fit a "chic" chihuahua named Molly at Pets Mart. This mighty-mini with a super-sized attitude who could fit into a coffee mug is my new "grand dog."

When Rachel and Darren got married, I made it clear that when they had children, I did not want to be called "Grandma." I want to be called "G." That's right, just "G." Well, we are trying the title out with the grand dog, and I have to say I like the sound of it! I was also in true "G" form today, spoiling her by buying all those things she could not live without...and letting her taste her first ice cream sandwich as seen in the snap shot posted.

I even showed Rachel how to smuggle her into Walmart in an overnight bag! I know, I know, it was wrong for me to do, but a good "G" would never leave the baby in the car regardless of the chance that all three of us would be kicked out of Walmart and suffer public humiliation!

But the very best part of the day was the glimpse of motherhood that I witnessed in Rachel as she tenderly handled that pooch with the apple shaped head and bugged out eyes that only a mother could love. For now Miss Molly will fill that nurturing instinct within Rachel, but I have great feelings for the future when she is blessed with a little one with just two legs, and please Lord, normal sized ears!

And I think I am going to be a pretty good "G" too. Especially with all this practice I am getting!



That's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy 972-814-5856

1 comment:

  1. a very loving "G" you are! I am sure your Granddog Molly will inspire the "G" within you!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.