Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My new favorite book



Today I decided that I have a new favorite book. Celebrating my only daughter's 26th birthday, I took some quiet time to reminisce about the special day that she was placed in my arms for the very first time. On March 25th at 7:32am in Alexandria, Louisiana, I gave birth to a beautiful baby who we named after her great grandmother. She weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces and was 21.5 inches tall. Some facts we never seem to forget, but as I soaked up the words and pictures in my new favorite book, I realized that this book was invaluable in making sure that I never let go of all the little details that began on this day twenty six years ago.

Rachel Ann discovered her hands and feet at three months and laughed out loud at four months. She sat up on her own at five months and pulled up at ten months. Her first words were Daddy and bird, and she climbed the stairs at twelve months. At eighteen months she weighed twenty five pounds and at thirty six months put on her socks all by herself. When she was two she could cut with scissors and use crayons and on her third birthday she came down with the chickenpox. In April of 1986 she milked a cow in Springfield and on her seventh Christmas Santa brought a doll called "Baby Bubbles." Karate and violin lessons began in 1989 and fast forwarding for the sanity of you readers...My precious little girl was married on February 2, 2008, and now a new book has begun...

I guess by now you have figured out that my new favorite book is entitled "Baby's Milestones." My baby Rachel's milestones!

Happy Birthday to you, dear one...
Love,
Mom



That's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy 972-814-5856

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful Birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those only daughters are very special. I am thankful you and Kevin are friends of Ladybug and the son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.