Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go Steelers!




This is that day of the year when everyone chooses sides. I am not really a football fan, with the exception of the year that my brother Wade Roe was the kicker for the University of Alabama. That year they won the championship. I'm not a football party pooper either. So today I will choose my favorite team. My choice is based on two reasons.

1. Because I was born and raised just south of Pittsburgh, Pa. and the name Steelers was just apart of growing up there.

2. Because of the room featured in today's post.

Murals & Design does many sports theme rooms, but this one is special. It's not just because it is a Steelers room in the middle of Cowboy country or that it made me reminisce about my growing up years back home with Terry Bradshaw and the "Steel Curtain." Lets not forget about the "Terrible Towel" either! Oh yea now we are talking Steelers baby! It was a great experience! Let me give you the "play by play"...

It all started with my client Laura. She wanted to do one of those "while you were out" kind of rooms like seen on TV. Yep, Murals and Design does those too! She wanted to surprise her husband with his very own "man room," decorated in the theme of his favorite professional football team. Time was short so we had to get a game plan in place. Did you know Home Depot sells Team Colors? This little secret makes choosing the perfect colors a breeze. Coach Laura offered to do the base painting, and called on her first string for assistance. So with the help of her daughter and some friends we were on our way to first and down!

Once the base work was completed our team was up by a goal. I came in with an end run (art work) consisting of a life size likeness of Terry Bradshaw. I also crafted two team logos on the sloping ceiling / walls. With the clock running and no time outs left, Laura and I scored the final TD by merchandising the space with various Steelers memorabilia elements. We placed the furniture and workout equipment and put a recorded Steelers game on the TV. (how is that for some real man ambiance?)

Final score!!!


Just in time, Laura slipped into her official Steelers football jersey. I quietly slipped out the back door as one lucky Steelers fan come home from a tough few days on business. As I hit the shower, I could hear cheers for the winning team!

I have a pretty good feeling, now that this years Superbowl is over and we can "chalk up" one more win for Pittsburgh, this special Steelers room got its workout tonight.

GO STEELERS!!!

That's all for now but as always...



Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

1 comment:

Tell me what you think.