Monday, February 9, 2009

Whiskers on kittens...




Just like rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Murals & Design considers kid's rooms "one of our favorite things!"

This room was especially rewarding. I can still hear the squeals of delight as Miss Megan motored her wheel chair into her very own Narnia.

From what I understand, Megan's Dad has read her the entire series of the Chronicles of Narnia many times over. It was so exciting to transform her room into her very own fantasy world. I was able to take the characters that she loves so much to hear about in the stories and make them hop from the pages to the walls for her to see and dream about every day.

I began by doing a faux finish on all the walls to give a more interesting base for the characters to rest. Megan's most favorite characters were included in the room and what you do not see is Lucy and the famous lamp post on an opposing wall. On her door it says, "You are now entering Narnia."

Because Megan needed a special bed, I wanted to make it a royal place for the Queen of Narnia to rest her head, so I painted Aslan, the main character of the story on the foot board.

Megan's favorite quote from one of the stories was painted on a scroll strategically placed over her throne. "Once the King or Queen of Narnia, Always the King or Queen of Narnia!"

When I do a room like this, I know this is my job and what I do for a living...but sometimes I feel like I need to pay the client for the experience that changes my heart forever!

...bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...



That's all for now but as always...


Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.