Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wash all your cares away...


I don't know about you, but I spend a considerable amount of my precious time in the laundry room. There is the sorting and the washing and the ironing. Not to mention those those oh so pretty garments that require the dreaded "hand washing."

Unfortunately, just ignoring that room in our home does not make the chore go away. I decided years ago that Monday would be laundry day at our house. If you didn't deposit the dirty clothes in the basket by Monday morning, you were out of luck until next week. When this past Monday came along I thought about the laundry then went to have a facial. Feeling guilty, I did not even look in the direction of the laundry room as I tip-toed quietly by. Once I arrived at the salon the thoughts of whites and darks vanished from my mind. Then the attendant pulled a wash cloth from a warming unit that looked exactly like the ones I use at home! Instantly I was reminded of the place where I should be right now! This is torture! She then has the nerve to place the warm cloth over my face and told me to go to my happy place. I searched the vacation brochures of my mind and could not find Trudy's destination resort. The only thing I could think about were socks and how they enter the laundry room together but one of them seems to always get lost. Did that one sock go to it's happy place?! Is there something in my laundry room that I am not aware of? Hmmm it's a mystery..

I guess we might as well face the issue and learn to accept the smell of Downy permeating through the house at least once a week. So let's make the laundry room a pleasant place to enter. Decorate it like any other room in your home. This is a great place to have fun with color and design. The painting in today's post was done to create a calming botanical environment. The walls were painted a lovely blue/green color and the cabinets were glazed in a minty shade.

I will be sharing more examples of decorated laundry rooms in the future but till then...
create your own "happy place" - join the socks!



That's all for now but as always...



Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.