Monday, February 2, 2009

Well Here's To You Mrs. Robinson!






Why is it that we cry when we are happy? How can we experience life's two most powerful yet opposite emotions at the same time?!! It's like hot pepper jelly or a rainbow in the storm....

As the CD of music that was played at my daughters wedding on February 2, 2008 plays softly in the back ground, I am indulging myself the time to look and linger at every photograph that recorded one of the most fun and memorable days of my life. (I have posted some of my favorites, but to see more go to racheldarren.com)

Events that affect us so deeply are very few in a lifetime. We want to hold them close in the treasure chest of our heart and pray that the joy of the memory will not tarnish or fade over time.

I am so glad that I am alone today because I feel and look pretty silly. I have a smile on my face that goes from ear to ear and tears flowing freely down my cheeks all at the same time.

Thank you for obliging me today as I opened my treasure chest...

The least I can do is to leave you with a decorating tip. It may sound cliche but we found it so true when designing Rachel's wedding. "Less is More" and may I add, Elegant. Notice the large monogram letter R on the backdrop behind the cake - another offering from Murals & Design.

So, from Kevin walking his only daughter down the isle to the song "Daddy's little girl", to the grand exit to the tune of "Well here's to you Mrs. Robinson", I've relived another absolutely perfect day!


That's all for now but as always...



Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

3 comments:

  1. Now how fair is it that I am here at work and have to explain why I am all "misty eyed?" Hey I am a guy and the Steelers just won the Super Bowl right?

    Well I just told the boss, I am the Dad, it's my Daughter's anniversary, and I need a moment.

    Rachel and Darren, we are proud and happy and celebrating with you on this special day; your first wedding anniversary...

    Here is to 49 more, each one better than the one before.

    Kevin aka: Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thank U so much. U give Darren And I such a beautiful example to follow. We look to you for guidance, friendship and most of all love. As we have our very first anniversary dinner together we thank u for a wonderful wedding day; the thought of joy that filled the air brings us to sweet tears. Now here's to u!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww now im crying. You guys are sooooo great. The wedding was absolutly beautiful. Trudy, your way with words is simply amazing...no wonder you are an incredible artist. Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.