Saturday, January 17, 2009

A bugs eye view



I guess by now you can tell that I have a passion for children’s rooms.

These pictures are of a church nursery in Richardson, Texas. Murals & Design likes to incorporate three dimensional objects within the murals whenever possible. The magnifying glass is from Pottery Barn and is about four feet long. The flowers adjacent to it are cut out of wood and made so the teacher can change the photos of the children in the center of the flower. We painted the insects and flowers in the mural larger than life so the children could imagine themselves sitting in the green grass with a “bugs eye view”. The background color was chosen to add that touch of the unexpected and a calming effect to our insect world. FYI: Green is the most calming in the color palette. Typically green would not be used in a dining room. You want your guests to enjoy the gourmet meal that you toiled over for them, not snooze!
Now, I am straying from the subject a bit…

Today is Saturday and I will be antique shopping with a friend. I am on the hunt for some furniture to paint on. Wish me luck!


That's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design

Trudy
972-814-5856

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.