Monday, January 19, 2009

Creating Memories

Creating memories was paramount on my list of must dos in the raising of my daughter Rachel. “Things” in this life are so temporal and eventually all pass away. I wanted Rachel to have a full gamut of memories to carry with her for the rest of her life, and to draw upon when she needed a laugh, some inspiration, comfort or strength. Now that she is married, (almost one year already on February 2nd) I am looking forward to making memories with a grandchild or two in a few years!

This morning as I walked by the grouping on my living room wall, I was flooded with memories of Kevin and I, that made me smile and linger a moment.

The three photographs were a result of a wonderful day that Kevin and I spent in the mountains of Pennsylvania. We came across this beautiful old church and decided to photograph close up elements of it. We did it just for fun as well as an opportunity for Kevin to share some of his knowledge and talent with me; quite a memorable day.

On another road trip we must have stopped at every antique shop along the way in search of the perfect antiquated door knobs and hinges to accent our photography. The joy of the “hunt” is still fresh on my mind.

The frames were acquired at a photographic convention that we turned into a weekend, cherished, together time, get-a-way.

We added the scripture from Revelations that says, “Behold I stand at the door and knock…” to complete the grouping.

I guess I said all this to urge you to not just hang things on your walls for the sake of filling a space. Put some thought and time into creating a haven of memories that cause you to slow down for a moment, recollect and smile. Because, just outside your door, life is moving very fast!


That's all for now but as always...


Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I read it everyday now. Once again you brought a smile to my face just thinking how creative you and Kevin are!
    R.Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trudy! How blessed and talented you are. This one SPOKE to me. Amazing how God uses small things to open our hearts. Love you all...I have sweet memories. You colored my world today.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.