Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I was talking about our re-merchandising service, and I was going through my files this morning and came across this formal living room. This is the finished product of a traditional style re-merchandising. I am sorry to say that I do not have a before picture to show you. When I walked into this home I thought it looked great just how she had it and knew that I could not make any dramatic changes, so I did not take a before photo. That's why I have titled today's blog, Lessons Learned. Needless to say, this room preformed a metamorphosis. All furniture found a new location to rest and many accessories were removed to bring attention to the pieces that we decided to keep. "Less is more," is the saying that we have adopted. Most people over do accessories. We work close with the client to make sure that we use the pieces that are most meaningful to them, and we merchandise them to showcase their beauty. This client took the re-merchandising to the next level and added the hardwood floors and color on the walls. The tone of the floors were chosen to compliment the wood tones in the furniture, and the wall colors were chosen to accent the fabrics and enhance the accessories. Notice the finish on the top portion of the walls. It is a tone on tone finish that Murals & Design specializes in. It adds the look of another texture in the room without looking too busy. We chose the width of the stripe to compliment the very traditional styling of the room. This finish resembles wall paper. I have watched people touch the wall expecting to feel paper, and to their surprise, it's just paint! Ahh, the unexpected. I love it!

So, the lesson learned is: EVERY space can make a change enough to make the client say, "Wow!"

Enough looking in the past Trudy, learn the lessons that will make you a better person and learn to enjoy THIS moment, for this moment is your LIFE!

So that's all for now but as always...

Have a colorful day!

Murals & Design
Trudy
972-814-5856

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing person Trudy Williams


    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.